Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Whirly-Twirly Scarf...

I just learned how to make this really simple, way-too cute scarf! I can't help but call it the whirly-twirly scarf. It's so, well, twirly! Take a look...



The pattern is one that can be done while watching the kids play or sitting in a lounge-chair by the pool (WISHFUL THINKING!).
Here it is:

Chain 150, turn
Row 1: Chain 3, Double Crochet into 4th Chain from the hook, Double Crochet in each chain to the end, turn
Row 2: Chain 3, Do 2 Double Crochet into each stitch to the end
Row 3: Chain 3, Do 2 Double Crochet into each stitch to the end

You can then single crochet the short end, down the 1st long side and up the other short end to make a clean finish.
I haven't done this on the one picture, but I still think it looks fabulous (if I do say so myself).



***If you love the scarf, but just can't see yourself getting around to making your own... go check out Whoopdwhoop by clicking the button on my side bar. I'm going to list mine there now. If you haven't been to Whoopdwhoop - I really can't say enough about it. It's a great website for crafters and artists to trade their goods with other crafters. You can list your goodies and others can request them. When they do, you earn "whoops" that you can spend to request other crafter's goods. Great for the cheap-skate like me!***

3 comments:

  1. Super cute Steph! And you know I love the color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments left over on my blog! :) That is a cute scarf! Love it. :)

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete